Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Villa - soon to be 1970s Painted Lady


Well I actually hauled out the Fantasy Villa 1:24 scale kit I got at The Reject Shop.... The die cuts were remarkably well done and easy to punch out. When I bought this about a year ago I took it out of the box, saw 11 sheets of plywood pieces (well over 200 pieces, some about the size of a 5 cent piece) and said "I don't think so"... and put it away. I am feeling braver now and it wasn't really all that hard. This is the manufacturer's picture of the house.



Here is my temporarily assembled (no glue yet) kit with the first changes I have made - thanks offered to my DH Robert and his bandsaw for taking off the overdone roofline ornaments.

Here is the first bit I have assembled and painted - to test out my colour scheme... I am making this up as a 'Painted Lady' - circa the 1970s. I found some white pearlescent paint at Bunnings - for 50 cents a sample pot - and there were two of them! I made sure they were marked and still got charged $8 each at the checkout... needless to say I only paid the reduced price.

I have a fridge that I painted and 'decorated' with Sakura 'Glaze' (aka 'Aqualip') pens. This fridge is what actually started my flurry of mini-activity. I am having a great deal of fun with this... and my house is getting dusty!

2 comments:

Janet McKinney said...

OOoh that one is still sitting in my box untouched. It looks lovely
Janet

Robert Boot and Charlene Mirabella said...

It's slow going as I want it to look good... but I am enjoying the 'journey' to its completion!